Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quick insight from the scriptures... LISTEN to the Spirit




Quick insight from the scriptures today! Have you ever had the thought... "I knew I should have done that!" Or maybe you have had the thought... "I knew I shouldn't have done that!" God will often give us little whisperings by the Spirit and tell us things we should do or things to avoid. We can miss out on blessings if we don't respond to the little messages that the spirit gives us. I read Moroni 1:4 this morning and had a thought. It says, "Wherefore, I write a few more things, contrary to that which I had supposed; for I had supposed not to have written any more; but I write a few more things, that perhaps they may be of worth unto my brethren.. in some future day, according to the will of the Lord." Moroni thought he was done writing! But he probably just had a little whisper that told him to write a little bit more. He listened and we are so lucky that he did listen! Because what do we have in the Book of Mormon after Moroni chapter one? Directions on confering the Holy Ghost and ordaining brethren to the priesthood; the wordage of the sacrament prayers; discourse on faith, hope, and charity; instructions on not doing infant baptism; outlining of the gifts of the spirit; and last but not least Moroni's Promise- that if we read and pray about the Book of Mormon we will know that it is true. What would the Book of Mormon be without all of these valuable messages? We would not have them if Moroni didn't listen to the little quiet prompting that told him to write a little bit more. Let's follow Moroni's example and pay attention to those little messages and then actually do them. If we do this we can become a great instrument in the hands of God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment