Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Last Word

Well... it has been two years! I am wrapping up my full time missionary service and will be heading home in about a week. This will be my "last words" in my blog as a full time missionary, and so I looked at some of the last words of prophets in the scriptures, and let me tell you I found a great theme.


Amaleki's last words- "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yeah, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved" (Omni 1:26) Mormon's last words- "Know ye that ye must come unto repentance, or ye cannot be saved. Know ye that ye must come... and believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God... therefore repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus, and lay hold upon the gospel of Christ. " (Mormon 7:3,5,8) Moroni's last words- "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ.. that ye become holy, without spot" (Moroni 10:32-33)
Did you find a theme among their last words? I found that their last invitations were twofold: to come unto Christ, and a call to faithful action and change... aka repentence. As my mission comes to an end I echo the invitations from these great prophets. Before my mission I believed that the Gospel was true, but I don't think I realized how real and powerful it is. I have not seen the Savior or touched his hands and his feet, but I can promise you that I have experienced the power of His grace. It is real and it will transform your life if you "come unto Him". I know that He lives! It is the greatest message I could ever share.

No comments:

Post a Comment