Friday, June 10, 2011

Have a question?

Have you ever had to make a hard decision? Me too. Life is packed with choices that we have to make; and those choices define us. You, like me, have probably got on your knees and plead with the Lord for what direction to take. Maybe it was what college to go to, who to marry, what church to join, what career path you want to take and there are so many more decisions; big or small. Listen to the Lord's advice to all of us who are seeking his guidance, "Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me. But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right." (Doc & Cov 9:7-8) That scripture helps me a lot! It is the process that God has given us to help us with our decisions. First, we study it out... so we explore all of our options, read the scriptures, search for guidance. Second, we say a faithful prayer... we beg the Lord for his help and assistance. Third, we shall 'feel that it is right'... the 'burning of the bosom' is a feeling of comfort and serenity. We will feel good about moving forward with a certain decision. I hope this helps! Use this process with the question you have or decisions that you need to make, and I promise that you will see the Lords hand guiding the path that you take.

No comments:

Post a Comment