Thursday, May 6, 2010

The first post

Hello! My name is Elder Marcus Hunt and I am currently a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Our church has been doing missionary work for a LONG time. We have followed the direction that Christ gave to his Apostles to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." It is amazing work!

Since the Church of Jesus Christ was Restored in 1830, we have basically been doing missionary work the same as we did back then. An average day for me consists of inviting people to hear the gospel by knocking on their doors, talking to them in the streets and in stores, and teaching families in their homes. Not much has changed since 1830, but, as of a couple of days ago, that is beginning to change. I, along with five other young missionaries, have been selected to bring missionary work to the 21st century. We will be using facebook, blogger, and other internet resources to reach people in a way that we couldn't have done before.

Am I excited? Yes. Do I know what I'm doing? No. I am glad to be apart of this big step in helping people come close to the Savior, because that is what it's all about. It doesn't really matter to me whether I can talk to someone on their doorstep, in the streets, in their homes, or on facebook... as long as I am able to share how the gospel of Jesus Christ has helped me in my life, I will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Hunt, this is great. It is exciting to move into the 21st Century with missionary work. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete