Thursday, March 31, 2011

Testimony of Christ

I just thought I'd share a little segment of a talk that I have been thinking a lot about lately. I have been spending a lot of time trying to better understand and apply the sacrifice of Christ. As I have done so, I have seen my personal testimony and love for the Savior strengthen. The following teaching is the latter part of Elder Bruce R. McConkie's last talk given in mortality. He bears a strong and sure witness of Christ and His Atonement. Put your seatbelts on! Along with Elder McConkie I invite us all to deepen our understanding and relationship of the Savior. "Now, the Atonement of Christ is the most basic and fundamental doctrine of the Gospel, and it is the least understood of all our revealed truths. Many of us have a superficial knowledge and rely upon the Lord and his goodness to see us through the trials and perils of life. But if we are to have faith as Enoch and Elijah we must believe what they believed, know what they knew, and live as they lived. May I invite you to join with me in gaining a sound and sure knowledge of the Atonement. We must cast aside the philosophies of men and the wisdom of the wise and hearken to that Spirit which is given to us to guide us into all truth. We must search the scriptures, accepting them as the mind and will and voice of the Lord and the very power of God unto salvation. And now as pertaining to this perfect Atonement, wrought by the shedding of the blood of God-- I testify that it took place at Gethsamne and at Golgotha, and as pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that he is the Son of the Living God who was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person. I am one of his Witnesses, and in the coming day I will feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's almighty Son, that he is our Saviour and Redeemer, and that Salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way. God grant that all of us may walk in the light as God our Father is in the light so that, according to his promises, the blood of Jesus Christ his Son will cleanse us from all sin. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ Amen." Click here to watch Elder McConkie's last testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment